Poke Trades Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden Power Explained

Go down

Hidden Power Explained Empty Hidden Power Explained

Post  upsided0wn7 Sat Mar 22 2008, 00:59

Hidden Power is a move that appears to be Normal type, but in reality, can be any type except for Normal. This thread will teach you how to obtain the Hidden Power type and Power that you want.

Hidden Powers type is determined by the IVs of a pokemon. If you don't understand IVs, read a guide or maybe a Sticky will pop up sometime. Anyways, here's the pattern of IVs you need. "E" stands for an even value of the IV. "O" stands for odd. All stats go Hp/Atk/Def/Spd/SpAtk/SpDef

-Fighting-
O/O/E/E/E/E

-Flying-
O/O/O/E/E/E

-Poison-
O/O/E/O/E/E

-Ground-
E/E/E/E/O/O

-Rock-
O/O/E/E/O/E

-Bug-
O/O/O/E/O/E

-Ghost-
O/O/E/O/O/E

-Steel-
O/O/O/O/O/E

-Fire-
O/E/O/E/E/O

-Water-
O/O/O/E/E/O

-Grass-
O/E/O/O/E/O

-Electric-
O/O/O/O/E/O

-Psychic-
O/E/O/E/O/O

-Ice-
O/E/E/O/O/O

-Dragon-
O/E/O/O/O/O

-Dark-
O/O/O/O/O/O

There is a little wiggle room in some of the Hidden Powers, but these will always give you the required Hidden Power.

Hidden Power's BP is also determined by the IVs of a Pokemon. If you're shooting for 65+ BP Hidden Powers, there are what I like to call "Perfect Numbers." If all your IVs are in this list of numbers, it will generally be 65+. These numbers are...

For example, if we wanted Hidden Power [Fire] with a good BP, you'd look at the IVs needed for HP Fire. We fine that O/E/O/E/E/O will give us Fire. Now, to make sure we get a good BP, we will only use numbers from the "Perfect Number" list. For example, 15/22/23/10/26/31 will give us a good (Perfect to be exact) BP. This can be a real pain to breed, but is pretty easy if you (like me) simply Pokesav your Pokemon. Although, I do request that you don't use perfect IVs. It makes the game unfair to legti trainers.

I hope this guide helped. Tell me if I missed anything and give me feedback about whether you think it should be stickied or not Wink

Serebii's IV Calculator

upsided0wn7

Back to top Go down